2012年9月13日星期四

Review of ‘Tsunami:the aftermath’

Tsunami: The Aftermath is a television mini-series that was broadcast in two parts in 2006. It dramatizes the events following the 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake and the resulting tsunami in Thailand. It was filmed in Phuket and Khao Lak, Thailand from April to June 2006. Phuket and Khao Lak were two of the worst hit areas in the country in the December 26, 2004 disaster.
 
I heard this tsunami before. However, after I watched this video, my feeling is different. I felt the serious consequences of the tsunami to people, it can destroy everything. I think this video is more want to tell us what happened after the disaster, not the process. It showed the worried and sad of people when they lost their families in the disaster. I think this is difficult to accept.

I was most impressed the couple who loss of their daughter. In fact, I think the wife should be calm at that time. She should not accuse her husband, because I believe that husband is also very self-blame, and he also does not want their daughter missing. The wife accused her husband is useless. I think the wife is trying to escape from the fact that their daughter's disappearance.

For social impact, from the video I understand the different cultures between different countries. The island is very beautiful to attract a lot of tourists to go on vacation, but no one can imagine that there will have a tsunami. After the disaster, different countries have different ways to deal with dead bodies, those tourists do not agree with the Thais burning bodies. There are journalists in reporting the news. In fact, this is the cultural difference, but if it was reported, the society will have a great impact.
 
For the economic impact. This disaster will have enormous impact of tourism in Thailand. As tourism is one of the main industry in Thailand, it is the damage to the economic infrastructure. I think there will be a lot of people did not want to go, because they are afraid the tsunami will happen again in Thailand. The economic loss will be enormous.
 
After watching this video. I think everyone should know we must strengthen the early warning system and everyone should know the signs before this disaster, so that we can have more chances of survival. Also the government needs to prepare more medical resources and a perfect solution measures, so that we can reduce losses.

没有评论:

发表评论