2012年12月18日星期二

Stone Forest

     Talking about geography, I think about “Stone Forest” in my hometown immediately. You can call the “Stone Forest” as “Shilin” as well. I’ve been there for once, it’s really beautiful. These formations, caused by the dissolution of limestone, are believed to be over 270 million years old.


     The Stone Forest or Shilin is a notable set of limestone formations located in Shilin Yi Autonomous County, Yunnan Province, People's Republic of China, near Shilin approximately 120 kilometres from the provincial capital Kunming.

     The tall rocks seem to emanate from the ground in the manner of stalagmites, with many looking like petrified trees thereby creating the illusion of a forest made of stone. Since 2007, two parts of the site, the Naigu Stone Forest and Suogeyi Villagehave been UNESCO World Heritage Sites as part of the South China Karst.

 
     I prefer the one undeveloped “Stone Forest”. Now this place is excessive commercialization. I always remember when I visited the place, the place is so quiet, and I can look these stones one by one, use my own way to  visit. 

     Sometimes you can meet with some local ethnic minority; they will tell you the legend story about Ashima.


     For now, a lot of people only visit the famous place. You can’t feel exciting when you found a strange stone. Most of time there is crowded. A lot of group tours are there. I like the original one.

     Can I go back that wonderful time in Shilin? I missed that time... ...

References:
Stone Forest. (2012, December 15). In Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Retrieved December 18, 2012, from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stone_Forest


没有评论:

发表评论